Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, more than five million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years. Panorama's Client Success team partners with hundreds of school districts and charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama has helped us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near perfect renewal rate, sky-high customer satisfaction, strong year-over-year account growth, and most important, stories from across the country about how Panorama has helped students receive a better education, our team has set a high bar.
As a Special Engagements Account Manager, you will play a key role on the Client Success team. You'll be responsible for developing relationships with our most strategic, sophisticated clients who operate in complex political environments as they educate hundreds of thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes, high-complexity situations, using diplomacy and precision, with both attention to detail and big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client decision-makers including superintendents of school districts, leaders of charter management organizations, and state education leaders. Inside Panorama, you will serve as a “voice of the customer” and work across our team to make sure each client is leveraging Panorama for the most value.
- Function as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panorama’s highest revenue clients; manage complex renewal cycles (including renewals tied to RFPs, school board approvals, and disparate funding sources), contributing to Panorama’s near-perfect renewal rate
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, meeting and exceeding revenue and growth targets
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors; deeply understand client needs and goals for an acute ability to help them make informed recommendations
- Design and manage a coordinated system of high touch/outreach to clients spanning the full lifecycle of contract and/or subscription
- Design and manage product rollout to clients, ensuring clients adopt new products and features
- Monitor account health and product adoption, intervening as necessary to ensure retention
- Collect and synthesize product feedback for Panorama’s Product team, and help drive internal product development conversations by leveraging client expectations
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in or working with large school districts (or other large organizations); savviness about the inner-workings and politics of decision making
- Outstanding ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including senior leaders and superintendents (phone, email, and in-person)
- Conversant knowledge of current research about student learning and teacher effectiveness; aware of and sympathetic to the sea of information in which educators and education leaders swim
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while communicating across stakeholder groups with competing priorities
- Experience in renewal and expansion oriented account management; demonstrated track record of building client relationships, retaining accounts, and growing business
- Passion for improving education
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as team grows
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Docs, and Salesforce
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.