Panorama Education is a fast-growing Boston startup focused on helping K-12 schools improve through the power of data. Our mission is to ensure that every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. We currently serve more than 6,500 schools around the world, and we have raised $16mm in funding from Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, YCombinator, Mark Zuckerberg, and others.
As our operations manager, you will have two main responsibilities: shepherding a strong operations function and supporting our CEO to be as effective as possible. You’ll help us grow our warm, tightly-knit, collaborative culture as well as execute critical processes for our success. You’ll partner with our CEO and our colleagues to help them do their best work, and be at the front-line of a mission-driven technology start-up at an exciting time in its history.
More specifics on some of your responsibilities:
- CEO support:
- Coordinating meetings, arranging travel (lots of puzzle-piecing), thinking strategically about how the CEO can maximize his time and in turn, his support of the team
- Take the lead on new projects and company-wide initiatives in partnership with CEO and ops team
- Act as the CEO’s eyes and ears, and help the CEO to be in multiple places at once by representing his perspective and priorities to others on the team
- Operations management:
- Obsess over space so that those working around you are 10x more productive (e.g., clutter-free and organized, no burnt-out light bulbs, supplies restocked consistently, systems in place for cleaning common areas)
- Coordinate recurring and one-time events, from our team meetings and Lunch & Learns to our annual celebrations and culture-building programs for 70-150 people
- Manage (and improve) IT support, supplies and vendor management
You’re a great candidate if you:
- Love the details and can manage many of them at once; your personal organizational system is airtight and can handle high volume and velocity without breaking, and you always have a Plan B
- Have experience taking initiative and solving challenges independently and with urgency and tenacity, executing judgment in ambiguous situations, and owning projects with high visibility for an organization or team
- Bring positive energy and sense of humor; you are flexible and love helping others to be more productive
- Enjoy “getting your hands dirty,” with a knack for trying out tools and systems to solve challenges
- Have exhibited integrity and discretion in managing sensitive information
- Are curious and comfortable asking for help and owning mistakes in the interest of self-improvement
Even better if you have...
- Experience planning and executing projects with precision and careful consideration for how rollouts will impact team members
- Experience caring about and maintaining work or living environments (e.g., offices, meeting places, common areas); ideally for large (50+) groups of people
- Experience creating and managing casual events and belief in the power of events to motivate, reward and celebrate our values; experience running large (50+ person) events is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of full-time professional work experience
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.