Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, more than three million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
As a key part of the Client Success team, Panorama's account managers partner with hundreds of school districts and charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama has helped us improve education for our students in many important ways." With an outstanding renewal rate, extremely high customer satisfaction,and most important, stories from across the country about how Panorama has helped students receive a better education, our account managers have set a high bar. One of our big next challenges is to achieve strong year-over-year account growth; another is how to scale our support over a fast-growing client base.
We’re looking for someone to lead our account management team, to support and coach our account managers, own our account management strategy, and grow the team. Building off our strong success so far, you will help Panorama hit new highs around product engagement, renewals, account growth, referrals, and impact on education. Professional growth for all Panorama team members is an extremely important part of our culture and success, and as a coach, teacher, and mentor, you will help our account management team get better every week. We pride ourselves on the authentic relationships we’ve built with our clients, and the passion for improving education that we infuse into every interaction: we will be excited for you to help Panorama continue and expand its famous client experience as we scale.
- Coach and support each member of the account management team, including regular one-on-ones and other opportunities for growth and development; support hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members
- Serve as account manager for a targeted group of clients, shouldering renewal and expansion responsibility in direct alignment with team and company goals
- Lead the team in developing strong selling skills rooted in a sales methodology
- Develop and improve account management strategy and processes, as part of Panorama’s broader Client Success team
- Own (and evolve over time) key account management metrics around product adoption, renewals, expansion, referrals, and impact; the bar is already high and we expect you to raise it even further
- Manage renewals and coach others to manage renewals, contributing to Panorama’s high renewal rate; increase business with existing clients, meeting revenue and growth targets
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Design and manage a coordinated system of touch/outreach to clients spanning the full subscription year
- Design and manage product rollout to clients, ensuring clients adopt new products and features
- Monitor account health and product adoption across all of Panorama’s clients, intervening as necessary to ensure retention
- Serve as a “voice of the customer” across Panorama; collect and synthesize product feedback for Panorama’s Product team, and participate in product development conversations
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to share broader company updates and research findings with clients
What We’re Looking For
- 3-10 years of account management experience in a high-growth SaaS company, preferably in K-12 education
- Experience coaching and leading a team towards ambitious goals; experience growing an account management team is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of building client relationships, retaining accounts, and growing business; superior customer service abilities are essential
- Outstanding ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including senior leaders and superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person); ideally, experience explaining technical projects
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with tight attention to detail and deadlines
- Passion for improving education and for helping clients use Panorama successfully to improve their schools and classrooms
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.