Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role:
Panorama's Student Success platform enables data-informed action in school districts by empowering educators at all levels to set meaningful goals, analyze student data, decide how to act, and evaluate effectiveness.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for design strategy and the user experience across two cross-functional squads dedicated to our Student Success product. These teams are focused on initiatives to drive user engagement and impact student outcomes through our student support and reporting capabilities. You’ll work closely with product and engineering leaders, lead key design projects, and pair with and mentor other designers across the squads.
- Define and deliver compelling, intuitive, and high-quality solutions that solve user problems and help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Develop a north star design vision for evolving our Student Success product that is tightly aligned with our product vision and strategy.
- Lead discovery and research efforts with product managers and other designers to test and validate design concepts and solutions.
- Own the end-to-end design process for your projects by producing artifacts including personas, user journey maps, flows, mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Present and articulate design concepts and solutions effectively to your team and internal stakeholders, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire other designers on the team, helping them grow their skills and collectively level up the design team.
- Continuously build your knowledge of K–12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of Product Design or UX experience working on digital products or applications.
- A compelling portfolio of design work that demonstrates a solid understanding of interaction design, user flows, and visual design, including layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Demonstrated experience with systems thinking across one or more product areas.
About the Design Team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe diversity of experiences lead to better product design and outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.