Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role:
Every day, teachers, principals, and school district leaders across the country use Panorama’s platform to improve outcomes for students across academics, social-emotional learning, family engagement, attendance, well-being, and college-career readiness. Panorama is the fastest growing platform in K-12 education, and 1 in 4 American students goes to a school that has adopted Panorama.
As Chief Technology Officer, you will lead and grow the engineering organization that builds the Panorama platform, set and execute Panorama’s technology strategy, and drive ambitious product development in order to grow Panorama as the leading, high-impact technology platform in education. Our ideal candidate is a senior technology leader with deep experience scaling engineering teams - you are a strong people manager passionate about talent development, culture, diversity, and inclusion; an inspiring leader; and an excellent recruiter. Our ideal candidate pairs their team leadership strength with the strong technical skills needed to lead technology vision and strategy for the Panorama Platform.
We are a Series C stage company on a rapid growth trajectory, and as Chief Technology Officer you will play a key role in leading Panorama through this next chapter of growth and beyond. This role sits on our Executive Team and reports to Panorama’s CEO.
Panorama has raised $105 million from General Atlantic (Series C lead), Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and other leading investors.
- Lead and scale Panorama’s Engineering team in order to achieve our ambitious product vision and ensure strong stability and security through rapid growth.
- Lead significant engineering recruiting efforts and build the next version of Panorama’s engineering recruiting engine, including for individual contributors, managers, and senior technical leadership.
- Advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) within the Engineering organization and across Panorama.
- Build out the next version of our engineering practices, operating rhythms, and cross-functional structures in a manner that accelerates velocity and increases predictability of delivery, working in close partnership with the Chief Product Officer.
- Ensure high-quality, fast-paced delivery against Panorama’s product roadmap, including growing existing products, improving platform infrastructure, and launching new “0 to 1” products.
- Set, communicate, and lead technical vision and strategy for the Panorama platform.
- Grow cross-functional relationships, especially between Engineering <> Product / Research / Design and Engineering <> Client Experience.
- Support acquisitions of new products to add to Panorama's platform, where we assess that M&A is the right tool for accelerating our product vision.
- Drive investments in the security and stability of Panorama’s platform.
- Partner closely with Panorama’s CEO, Chief Product Officer, and peers across the Executive Team
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Significant engineering leadership experience at high-growth technology companies (education experience a plus but not required)
- Strong people manager with experience building and leading large engineering teams, including talent development, recruiting, and culture-building
- Skilled at building, managing, and iterating engineering development practices, operating rhythms, and cross-functional structures across stages of growth
- Strong technical skills with experience owning technology vision and strategy
- Inspiring leader and strong external ambassador for Panorama’s engineering organization
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Moves quickly and thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Fast-learning, humble, high growth mindset, and welcomes ambiguity
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator with high EQ
- Passionate about education and improving outcomes for students.
- Plus: Experience supporting M&A, including deal evaluation and integration
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.