Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As Senior Product Manager, you will be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process. We have two different openings: .
- A Student Success Senior Product Manager will work on our Student Success product, a comprehensive reporting platform and tool for tracking student supports that allows educators to improve school for all students as well as identify needs and devise supports for individual and groups of students. In this role, you will develop new reporting capabilities to provide district and school leaders with a way to visualize their data and offer insights into the district’s health and performance.
- A Social-Emotional Learning Senior Product Manager will support our flagship Social-Emotional Learning product. As experts in social-emotional learning and early-to-market providers of measurement and reporting, we believe that social-emotional learning is central to the mission of education, and a lever for greater educational equity. Panorama is continually growing and innovating our SEL product, even as we improve its existing components. As one of two SEL-focused squad leaders, you will contribute to new directions and innovative
ideas even as you attend to the beloved areas of our existing SEL product.
In either role, you will work with a team to innovate, test, and deliver valuable new features and other improvements. You will become an expert in K–12 education and the needs of our school, district, and state partners. You will identify the most important problems to solve and deliver creative solutions to support students and drive improved and more equitable outcomes.
- Define problems and devise the roadmap for a key product area, aligning it to Panorama’s company and overall product strategy, and collaborating with designers, researchers, and engineers to identify opportunities to provide value to school and district users of our products
- Ensure high-quality execution of the roadmap through collaboration with other development team members including engineers and designers
- Learn from teachers, principals, and district leaders across the country, understanding their problems and validating that our solutions help improve student outcomes and provide value to educators.
- Become an expert in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K-12 education, and influence Panorama’s strategy to effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Drive towards meaningful client and business outcomes by setting and achieving goals with your team
- Communicate your team's roadmap and strategic plans, creating excitement and alignment within your team, at the leadership level, and across the company
- Work closely with sales, account management, marketing, and client success to gather insights about clients and the market and to collaborate on product messaging and value
- Support and help shape the growth of our product team norms and practices as we grow
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years of product management, strategy consulting, business analyst or product delivery experience
- Interest in solving big problems and helping educators improve student outcomes in innovative ways
- Exceptional communication and active listening skills, represented by aligning stakeholders around key objectives
- Examples of cross-functional collaboration, helping others achieve goals, and understanding the perspectives of others
- Ability to synthesize internal and external data, customer insights, metrics and multiple perspectives to back up assumptions and inform decision-making for the best outcome
- Attention to detail, organization, leadership, project prioritization, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Bonus Points: Experience working in Education, EdTech, B2B SaaS products, and leading cross-functional teams
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.