Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education for every student. Over 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
Panorama's Student Success platform enables data-informed action in school districts by empowering educators at all levels to set meaningful goals, analyze student data, decide how to act, and evaluate effectiveness.
As Panorama's product offerings have grown over the last few years, our navigation framework has not kept up. We aim to unify our overall product experience to enable educators to access all of their data and insights in one cohesive platform.
As a Senior Product Designer in our Student Success zone, your initial remit will be to reimagine how educators navigate our ever-growing Student Success platform, more efficiently and intuitively. You'll create a north star design vision to define an ideal state of our information architecture, and formulate a sequential approach to execute toward that vision.
- Create a north star design vision to define an ideal state of our information architecture that effectively serves our clients, and then execute toward that vision.
- Work within a small cross-functional squad, partnering with a product manager and engineers to scope and build new capabilities in service of our education and business goals.
- Co-lead discovery and research efforts with your product manager to test and validate design concepts and solutions.
- Own the end-to-end design process for your projects by producing personas, user journey maps, flows, mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Present and articulate design concepts and solutions effectively to your team and internal stakeholders, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Mentor and inspire other designers on the team, helping them grow their skills and collectively level up the design team.
- Continuously build your knowledge of K–12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of Product Design or UX experience working on digital products or applications.
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates end-to-end responsibility for complex features and projects.
- Deep knowledge of complex information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles.
- Demonstrated experience with systems thinking across one or more product areas.
- Bonus points for: Experience in education or in EdTech
About the Design Team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.