Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Rolez
At Panorama, we have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice.
Our industry-leading climate and SEL surveys are the cornerstone of our work with schools. We offer survey measures for students, families, and teachers/staff across a wide array of educational constructs, including sense of belonging, well-being, family engagement, and school safety. These psychometric scales were developed following the best practices of survey development, item design, and educational measurement. In this role, you will lead the development of new survey content, improve existing content, author validity reports, and serve as our in-house expert on all aspects of our survey measures.
- Lead all stages of survey development, including literature reviews, expert interviews, practitioner focus groups, item design, cognitive pretesting, pilot data collection, and content iteration based on data analysis and client feedback
- Design surveys for students (Grades 3-12), as well as teachers, staff, families, and community members
- Partner with data scientists and researchers to interpret psychometric analyses and publish validity reports
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, outreach team members, company leadership, and others at Panorama to identify and prioritize content needs
- Help envision a next-generation set of measures to helps schools better support students
- Present to clients and prospects on Panorama’s survey development principles and practices
- Serve as the internal authority on our survey questions and scales
- Train new team members on the best practices of survey measurement and foundational research into survey methodology
- Work closely with other PhD-level researchers trained at leading research universities
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Have prior experience developing high-quality psychometric scales, ideally for use in K-12 schools
- Are an expert in the science of survey design and/or educational assessment
- Want to use your academic skills in an applied setting
- Can communicate effectively across research and practitioner audiences in both written reports and oral presentations
- Have a terminal, postsecondary degree in social science or education
- Have other experience relevant to this role (e.g., in language development, social-emotional learning)
- Have prior industry or academic experience working in a small, cross-functional team
- Bonus: Have interest or expertise in learning to write code in R or Python for psychometric analyses of survey data (e.g., exploratory/confirmatory factor analysis, item response theory)
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.