Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
- Design complex product and system rollout plans in alignment with partner-specific strategy, to support effective implementation and account health.
- Lend subject matter expertise and advice to clients on key decisions related to the rollout and design of their SEL and MTSS programming, supporting Account Owners to achieve goals for value attainment.
- Design and deliver standardized and custom, in-person and/or virtual learning experiences for diverse groups of district and school leaders, educators, counselors, and stakeholder groups
- Center equity and inclusion in facilitation work across all service offerings, ensuring that Panorama educators are equipped to understand and attend to the experiences of every student
- Design and develop methods and frameworks to support clients in achieving MTSS, SEL, and/or Equity & Inclusion specific goals using Panorama, or align Panorama data to in-use frameworks within partner districts.
- Operate as a continuous point of contact for professional learning to clients, offering education- and implementation-focused consultation to a portfolio of clients who have specific goals connected to using data to achieve equitable outcomes for students.
- Engage key decision-makers and executive level stakeholders through consultations, briefings, and insights presentations.
- Help shape a vision for the future of Panorama’s Teaching and Learning offerings, including collaborating on the design and delivery of new workshops
- Partner with Client Success, Outreach, and Account Management team members to understand client needs and design and deliver training and support opportunities to meet those needs
- Create and deliver experiences, resources and tools that move Panorama users from seeing data to acting on it; work closely with product and engineering teams to integrate key concepts, frameworks and approaches into Panorama’s standard product offering
- Collaborate with the Product Education team to support the ongoing development of Panorama Academy (Panorama’s resource library for clients) and other content sources
- Deeply understand our products, how they come together, and work to grow client and educator engagement
- Actively and creatively seek ways to scale and maximize impact on students and educators
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- At least 5 years full-time experience teaching and developing adult learners working in K12 education (either within a school or district or with an education-focused organization)
- Experience managing complex, high impact projects
- Experience using technology and virtual platforms for designing and delivering successful teaching and learning experiences
- A passion for helping a diverse user community (teachers, principals, district leaders and parents) gain knowledge and understanding from data
- Success coaching others in facilitation, instructional design, or resource development
- Drive to continue to learn more about clients, the challenges they face, and how Panorama can help support them
- Travel requirements: ~50-75% travel, public health conditions permitting
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.