Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
Our engineers are changing history way beyond git rebase -i. The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with Panorama’s many other teams and our users to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. Sure, we already have strong technical chops, but we constantly challenge ourselves to learn and grow. From lunchtime guest talks, to book clubs, hackathons, and open-source projects (both in the office and outside it), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
- Work on fascinating and challenging problems, like:
- Learning recommendation engines that correlate educator data with community-generated content
- Novel data visualizations that uncover insights from school districts’ dizzying variety of data sets
- Scale our data acquisition pipelines as we continually grow the types of student data our platform supports
- Design, write, test, review, debug, deploy, and occasionally be frustrated by code
- Never put developer ease or convenience over making a difference to the millions of students we serve
- Help mentor other engineers on your team
- Participate in evolving the strategy of your team
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Has two or more years experience with web app development and deployment
- Plans and organizes their team around meaningful initiatives, negotiating the concerns and ideas of their colleagues as they do
- Solicits and actively integrates the inputs of others from diverse backgrounds and experiences to support inclusiveness and understanding
- Researches industry best practices and technologies, explaining to their peers how they could help solve current problems
- Mentors their teammates, either formally or informally
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.