This role can be fully remote, or you can work out of our Boston office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the Role:
As an Account Director, you play a central role on the Client Success team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts in our Districts & Schools segment and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, and closing upsell opportunities and developing relationships with district leaders in districts with up to 5,000 students in an assigned territory. These educators operate in political environments that are responsible for educating thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity and big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panorama’s value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of up to 150 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Develop account plans for key accounts and monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening and creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with project leads to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a thought partner to our clients.
What We’re Looking For
Account Management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management with a large portfolio (100+ accounts); demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, negotiating contracts, upselling accounts, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at leading strategy for client health interventions.
- Proven ability to prioritize accounts with competing priorities.
- Experience overcoming client objections to renewal.
- Ability to develop relationships with district leadership (Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, eg).
- Experience with listening to client needs and providing solutions.
- Demonstrated interest in K-12 education.
Collaboration and Workload Management Skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Proven ability to balance internal work streams alongside client needs.
- Proven track record of consistently hitting or exceeding renewal and upsell goals
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.