This role can be fully remote, or you can work out of our Boston office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the Role:
As the Manager of Sales Development, you’ll lead a cohort of Outreach Partners (our internal name for Sales Development Representatives) responsible for developing prospecting strategy, executing effective discovery calls, and meeting monthly meeting goals. As we quickly scale our Sales team, the Manager of Sales Development will drive the ongoing development of their team of Outreach Partners, helping them build the skills necessary to move into quota-carrying roles. In addition to leading your team, you’ll help develop strategy for the broader Sales team, and work closely with our Marketing team to inform demand generation strategy and execute successful events. This role reports to the Director of Inside Sales.
In this role, you will:
- Coach a diverse cohort of 6-8 Outreach Partners, and own further hiring for your team as the business scales
- Grow and inspire a positive, inclusive, collaborative team culture
- Provide continuous support to Outreach Partners through live coaching, feedback on outbound prospecting campaigns, weekly 1x1s, and career development conversations
- Set a strategy for your team and track progress towards weekly, monthly and quarterly goals for your team, including weekly activities, meetings booked, and pipeline generation
- Shape territory planning and strategy as part of the Sales management team
- Play a central role in the partnership of the Sales & Marketing teams, informing our marketing strategies and maximizing pipeline generation
This job is for you if you have:
- 1-3 years sales management and/or team lead experience at a SaaS company
- Created process for onboarding, coaching, and professional development
- Experience training cohorts of interns or co-ops counts, too!
- A track record of goal achievement as both an individual contributor and manager
- Experience working with a primarily outbound Sales team
- Expertise with Salesforce, Hubspot, and Outreach.io (or a similar sales acceleration tool)
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or both!
- Experience managing a hiring process
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.