This role can be fully remote, or you can work out of our Boston office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the role
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead all design efforts for your cross-functional squad’s product area. You’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, and use your full range of skills including interaction design, visual design, and user research, to solve problems and craft intuitive, delightful experiences and tools for educators.
In this role, you will:
- Define and deliver compelling, intuitive, and high-quality solutions that solve user problems and help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Be a strong thought partner to product managers to ideate high-impact opportunities, influence the roadmap, and plan design projects.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers, and other designers.
- Own the end-to-end design process for your projects by producing user journey maps, flows, mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Share your work often in an iterative and supportive design environment.
- Mentor other designers on the team, helping them grow their skills and collectively level up the design team.
- Continuously build your knowledge of the education domain in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders.
- Lead a variety of user research activities, including discovery efforts and usability testing. On a regular basis, you’ll get to talk to educators, attend client workshops and calls, and apply your learnings to your design work.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of Product Design or UX experience working on digital products, software, or applications.
- A track record of delivering high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Highly skilled in both interaction design and visual design.
- Ability to present and articulate design concepts and solutions effectively to your team and internal stakeholders, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Continually gathers and incorporates new knowledge and skills to stay up to date with design patterns, tools, and best practices.
Bonus points for:
- Experience designing analytics tools or data visualizations
- Experience in education or in EdTech
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.