Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
Can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office
About the Role:
At Panorama, we have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice.
In this role, you will lead the development, execution, and continual evolution of Panorama’s flagship social-emotional learning (SEL) product. You will build from the strong foundation of our existing SEL product and strategy. By drawing on the latest thought leadership and research within K–12 education, thoroughly understanding the market we sit within, listening deeply to our users, and ideating with our Research, Design, and other teams, you will solidify and continually refresh our SEL product direction. You’ll then support cross-functional product development squads in bringing this vision to life by building software that will delight our buyers and users and fulfill our SEL product’s mission to have a positive impact on students’ social emotional growth and improve educational equity. As the communicator-in-chief for this vision and strategy to other stakeholders in the company, you’ll partner closely with team members from other functions, including our Client Success, Teaching & Learning, Account Management, Finance, Marketing, and Sales teams—to rally these teams around our SEL strategy and help enable Panorama to meet our business, engagement, and impact goals.
- Evolve Panorama’s vision and strategy for our social-emotional learning (SEL) product, aligning it to Panorama’s overall company and product vision
- Build and evolve a successful execution strategy across multiple product development teams, working with your design and engineering counterparts to align individuals and teams in the product area to themes of work, and empowering them to drive the work forward
- Partner with other teams to build launch strategies for new SEL offerings, transforming the vision into a compelling story for our buyers, setting pricing, and planning rollout
- Lead teams to achieve, in partnership with other functions, goals related to our SEL product’s revenue, client retention, and user engagement
- Manage a small team of Product Managers who work on small cross-functional development teams, helping them to successfully define and scope solutions within your product area and grow in their careers as PMs
- Serve, yourself, as Product Manager on a small cross-functional squad, partnering with engineers and designers to scope and build new capabilities
- Collaborate with our research team to ensure that the solutions we are building are consistent with relevant scholarship and evidence-based practices
- Through user research, listening, and discussion, serve as one of Panorama’s experts in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K–12 education in the realm of SEL—a thought leader in the way Panorama’s SEL product can help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Spend time talking to teachers, principals, and district leaders across the country, understanding their challenges and validating that our solutions help solve their problems
- As a leader within our Product Management team, play a central role in advancing our product management processes and systems as we grow
- Engage team members in other functions and Panorama’s senior leadership, continually sharing our strategy and progress and taking in feedback that helps improve our plans.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, strategy consultant, education leader, SEL-focused professional, or in another relevant field
- 2+ years of people management experience and a track record of enabling and empowering team members to develop in their careers and successfully hit goals
- Experience related to social-emotional learning in K–12 education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.