Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
This role can be fully remote, or you can work out of our Boston office
About the Role:
We have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice.
In this role, you will lead the formation, execution, and continual evolution of a vision and strategy for a new product area at Panorama, to be launched in early 2022. By drawing on the latest thought leadership and research within K–12 education, thoroughly understanding the market we sit within, listening deeply to our users, and ideating with our Research, Design, and other teams, you will devise and continually revise an overarching product direction for this new offering. You will work directly with engineers and designers to bring this vision to life, identifying solutions to specific problems within the chosen space, scoping those solutions, and working alongside them as they build features. You will be the communicator-in-chief for this vision and strategy to other stakeholders in the company, partnering closely with team members from other functions throughout this journey—including our Client Success, Teaching & Learning, Account Management, Finance, Marketing, and Sales teams—to rally these teams around this strategy and help enable Panorama to meet our business, engagement, and impact goals.
- Lead the creation of a vision and strategy for a new product within Panorama's portfolio, aligning to and helping shape Panorama’s overall company and product vision
- Build and evolve a successful execution strategy starting with one but likely growing to multiple product development teams, working with your design and engineering counterparts to align individuals and teams in the product area to themes of work and empowering them to drive the work forward
- Partner with other teams to build a go-to-market strategy for the new offering, transforming the vision into a compelling story for our buyers, setting pricing, and planning rollout
- Lead teams to achieve, in collaboration with other functions, the new product’s revenue, client retention, and user engagement goals
- Work within a small cross-functional squad, partnering with engineers and designers to scope and build new capabilities in service of our education and business goals.
- As the product grows, manage a small team of Product Managers, helping them to successfully define and scope solutions within your product area and grow in their careers as PMs
- Collaborate with our research team to ensure that the solutions we are building are consistent with relevant scholarship and evidence-based practices
- Through research, listening, and discussion, become Panorama’s expert in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K–12 education in the realm of your product area—a thought leader in the way Panorama’s products can help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Spend time talking to teachers, principals, and district leaders across the country, understanding their challenges and validating that our solutions help solve their problems
- As a leader within our Product Management team, play a central role in advancing our product management processes and systems as we grow
- Engage team members in other functions and Panorama’s senior leadership, continually sharing our strategy and taking in feedback that helps improve our plans.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, strategy consultant, business analyst, education leader, or other related role
- 2+ years of people management experience and a track record of enabling and empowering team members to develop in their careers and successfully hit goals
- Experience related to K–12 education, and a belief in the power of data-informed decision-making to help effect change for students and bring about greater educational equity
- Ability to develop a strategy: Starting with high-level questions (e.g., “What new product offering in the SEL space might we offer?”), ability to structure and scope the problem space, break the problems down into their components, and set up and validate strategic choices
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.