Panorama Education is a fast-growing technology startup based in Boston and San Francisco focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform as clients and thought partners, including the entire state of Iowa and Hawaii, as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is seeking to hire an experienced People Partner to join our People Team! In this highly visible and collaborative role, you will partner with Function Leaders, Managers and Teammates on all aspects of the employee lifecycle. You will support Sales, Account Management, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Operations with performance management, advancement and employee relations. By way of relationship building, you will build bridges of support, credibility and trust for your functions while executing on current people practices. The work in this role contributes to the success of the overall People and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy of Panorama. This role is 100% remote.
- Participates in leadership team meetings, staffing discussions and other people-related meetings within respective business units.
- Acts as a trusted consultant for managers, providing People guidance and action steps when appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team and Function Leaders to create solutions.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for functions, managers and/or individual contributors.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Human Resources Business Partner
- Experience supporting a Sales function.
- Demonstrated experience of building strategic functional relationships within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (through writing, presentations etc.) with various stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail, to balance multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to think critically about organizational structures and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- SPHR-HRCI or PHR-HRCI or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired
- Experience with Google products
- Experience working in tech or start-up culture
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.