Can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing technology startup based in Boston and San Francisco focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform as clients and thought partners, including the entire state of Iowa and Hawaii, as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
We have a vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice. We work together collaboratively, in small cross-functional teams, releasing continuously, and driving toward improved outcomes for students, educators, and our business.
In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process; deeply understanding the business, our clients, the market and working with the team to innovate, test, and deliver value. As we scale to support millions of students across the country, you will become an expert in how we integrate data and drive efficient implementation for schools, districts and state partners. You will partner with our internal teams to identify process efficiencies, and develop tools to help those teams deliver the best possible experience for our clients. Your work will create a foundation for launching new products and will enable our platform to accelerate innovation within Panorama and school districts nationwide.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the roadmap and execution for a key product area, aligning to Panorama’s company and overall product strategy, and collaborating with designers, researchers, and engineers to provide value to school and district users
- Play a key role in influencing our long-term delivery and implementation strategy across our suite of products, using your knowledge of clients and cross-functional collaboration to deliver those products at scale and establish a foundation for future growth
- Learn from teachers, principals, and district leaders across the country, understanding their problems, and validating that our solutions help improve student outcomes and provide value to educators
- Become an expert in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K-12 education, and a thought leader in the way Panorama’s products can help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K–12.
- Continuously seek customer insights that help shape the product roadmap
- Drive towards meaningful client and business outcomes by setting goals with your team and learning together
- Communicate your team's roadmap and strategic plans, creating excitement and alignment within your team and across the company
- Work closely with sales, account management, marketing, and client success to gather insights about clients and the market and to collaborate on product messaging and value
- Support and help shape the growth of our product team norms and practices as we grow
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of product management, strategy consulting, business analyst or product delivery experience
- A team player who will thrive working closely with your squad and cross-functionally across Panorama
- Interest in solving big problems in K–12 education and helping educators improve student outcomes in innovative ways
- Exceptional communication and active listening skills, represented by aligning stakeholders around key objectives and developing empathy for your users and team members
- Examples of cross-functional collaboration and understanding the perspectives of others
- Ability to thrive when you have a variety of projects on your plate, prioritizing effectively and progressing each of them efficiently
- Ability to synthesize data, customer insights, and multiple perspectives, utilizing data from multiple internal and external sources to arrive at the best outcome
- Detail orientation and strong organization skills, with examples of using those skills to help your team achieve their goals
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and inform decision-making
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in education or EdTech
- Experience working with B2B SaaS products
- Knowledge of APIs, ETL and other data-sharing technologies
- Process improvement experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.