Panorama Education is a fast-growing technology startup based in Boston and San Francisco focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform as clients and thought partners, including the entire state of Iowa and Hawaii, as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
As the Information Technology Manager, you will be responsible for Panorama Education’s Information Technology, and you will also manage our outsourced IT partner. Panorama Education is rapidly growing, and with that growth comes increasingly complex information and data requirements. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you'll provide leadership and strategic direction on the technology used at Panorama, including operational process improvements, data security, technology budget and more.
We are a friendly, hard-working team that takes pride in helping our colleagues to be as effective as possible. Our ideal candidate approaches their work with positive energy and a sense of humor. They will go above and beyond to make sure our team members feel supported in the office, and will jump in to help other operations team members whenever needed. This person is proactive, works efficiently and effectively, and excels at improving processes and workflows. As one of the most visible team members in the company, you’ll develop meaningful partnerships with colleagues on all Panorama teams, and be a valued team member of a mission-driven technology company at an exciting time in its history.
As the first team member dedicated to working solely in IT, you will grow and improve Panorama’s technology processes and scale our IT support program:
- Build out long-term IT strategy for Panorama in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Lead relationships with externally contracted IT team and vendors
- Manage cloud-based platforms as the primary administrator, such as GSuite, Zoom, Meraki, Cloudlock, and more
- Oversee IT asset management and deployment for MacOS laptops
- Responsible for ensuring a secure IT environment in collaboration with the information security team
- Ensure office Audio Visual systems meet staff needs
- Develop training materials and lead technology training sessions for new employees, as well as ongoing training sessions and documentation for existing employees
- Scale IT onboarding and offboarding processes
- Work closely with Finance team members on annual IT budget for anticipated spending on hardware, software, and support services
- Provide technical support for employees, both remote and onsite
- Ensure timely response and resolution to employee support tickets
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting IT services and developing technology-driven business processes
- Experience or training in GSuite and MacOS
- Experience leading IT projects involving change management
- Self-motivated; driven, cares about the quality, presentation and delivery of the work
- Ability to make decisions, shift priorities and manage time to meet changing and evolving needs
- Flexible, dependable and consistent; proactively follows up and provides updates
- Continuously researches and gathers knowledge from network and external experts to stay on top of practices and procedures in the IT field
- Ability to collaborate effectively with vendors and teammates cross-functionally
- Experience in a high-growth tech company or edtech
- Experience supporting geographically dispersed team members in remote environments
- People management experience
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.