This role can be fully remote, or you can work out of our Boston office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the role
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our growing Design team. In this role, you’ll support a cross-functional squad in designing an accessible and more inclusive data analytics platform, as well as driving the evolution of our design system.
In this role, you will:
- Design components, patterns, and guidelines that enable designers and engineers to create consistent, accessible, and high-quality user experiences
- Establish and oversee the design standards for accessibility across all our platforms
- Collaborate closely with engineering to build robust, polished components
- Work with other designers to ensure they're correctly using the design system and that their needs are getting folded back into the system as appropriate
- Assess consistency and coherence across our design system while identifying areas for improvements.
- Share your work early and often through design reviews with the design team and your squad.
- Continuously develop your knowledge of the education domain in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users (district and school leaders, teachers, counselors and students)
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience working on design systems at a product or software focused company
- Experience designing accessible and inclusive interfaces
- Knowledge and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.x accessibility standards and guidelines, and industry best practices
- Experience testing with web accessibility tools
- Highly skilled in visual and UI design
- Highly skilled in current design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
- Ability to present and articulate design concepts and solutions effectively to your team and internal stakeholders, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Strong communication skills that make your process and proposals understandable and actionable to a diverse set of cross-functional audiences
- Continually gathers and incorporates new knowledge and skills to stay up to date with design patterns, tools, and best practices.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in education or in EdTech
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.