Can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office
Panorama Education, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators understand how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
Our engineers are changing history way beyond git rebase -i. The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with Panorama’s many other teams and our users to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. Sure, we already have strong technical chops, but we constantly challenge ourselves to learn and grow. From lunchtime guest talks, to book clubs, hackathons, and open-source projects (both in the office and outside it), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
In this role, you will:
- Work on fascinating and challenging problems, like:
- Learning recommendation engines that correlate educator data with community-generated content
- Novel data visualizations that uncover insights from school districts’ dizzying variety of data sets
- Scale our data acquisition pipelines as we continually grow the types of student data our platform supports
- Design, write, test, review, debug, deploy, and occasionally be frustrated by code
- Never put developer ease or convenience over making a difference to the millions of students we serve
- Help mentor other engineers on your team
- Participate in evolving the strategy of your team
We are looking for a candidate who
- Has two or more years experience with web app development and deployment
- Plans and organizes their team around meaningful initiatives, negotiating the concerns and ideas of their colleagues as they do
- Solicits and actively integrates the inputs of others from diverse backgrounds and experiences to support inclusiveness and understanding
- Researches industry best practices and technologies, explaining to their peers how they could help solve current problems
- Mentors their teammates, either formally or informally
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.