This role is based in Panorama’s Boston office (Panorama’s CEO is based in Boston).
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an Executive Assistant to our CEO (Aaron Feuer). In this role, you will manage the CEO’s schedule, partnering with the CEO to manage priorities and ensure that the CEO’s time reflects Panorama’s goals. You will help the CEO manage core operating processes (e.g., the Leadership Team meeting agenda), manage projects on behalf of the CEO (e.g., executive searches, fundraising processes), and support a wide variety of administrative tasks (e.g., booking travel, gifts, expense reports). You will support the CEO with communication, including drafting team emails, preparing slides decks, and responding to calls/emails on behalf of the CEO. You will help serve as a bridge to the CEO for internal and external stakeholders, enabling the CEO to remain accessible and connected, while ensuring the CEO’s time and focus remains aligned to Panorama’s priorities. In this role, you will play a key role in scaling a high-growth, mission-driven startup - the ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving, high-change environment, and is passionate about Panorama’s mission to radically improve education.
- Manage the CEO’s schedule, coordinate meetings on behalf of the CEO, and partner with the CEO on prioritization, ensuring that the CEO’s time reflects Panorama’s key goals
- Coordinate domestic work travel on behalf of the CEO
- Manage scheduling and other logistics for Board of Directors meetings
- Build, manage, and improve core operating processes and recurring tasks, such as setting the Leadership Team agenda, meeting new hires, office hours, and regular client feedback meetings
- Manage projects on behalf of the CEO, such as executive searches, fundraising, and executive onboarding, and track progress of key initiatives happening across the organization
- Provide administrative support across a wide variety of areas, including planning celebrations, expense reports, and gifts
- Support the CEO around communications, including drafting team emails for the CEO and preparing slide decks
- Respond to calls/emails on behalf of the CEO
- Help receive and address incoming issues and concerns on behalf of the CEO, including sensitive and confidential matters.
- Be a bridge and gateway to the CEO for internal stakeholders - build trust, foster strong communication, and enable the CEO to remain accessible and connected while also protecting the CEO’s time and focus
- Partner with our Operations team on company events, and culture-building initiatives
- Greet visitors and interview candidates at the front desk, when we return to the office (this role is in a front desk rotation that also includes team members on our Operations team)
- In interactions across Panorama, be an ambassador for Panorama’s culture and a positive reflection of the CEO, and keep a pulse on the organization, flagging issues for the CEO as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience as an Executive Assistant, or a similar operational or administrative role, preferably at a high growth technology company
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail, a high bar for quality, and strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, and a strong writer
- Strong collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and able to effectively manage competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Strong computer skills; experience with Google Workplace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms), Zoom, Slack, Salesforce is preferred
- Proven ability to manage confidential/sensitive information
- Thoughtful about building organizational culture
- Passionate about improving education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.