Can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the role
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
As a mid-level Product Designer, you will be responsible for design execution for your cross-functional squad’s area of focus. You’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, and use your full range of skills including interaction design, visual design, and user research, to solve problems and craft intuitive, delightful experiences and tools for educators.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, researchers, and other designers to define and deliver high quality user experiences.
- Effectively translate user needs and complex problems into compelling, simple, and intuitive workflows and solutions.
- Create design artifacts ranging from user journey maps, flows, and sketches to high-fidelity mockups ready for implementation.
- Share your work early and often through design reviews with the design team and your squad.
- Continuously develop your knowledge of the education domain in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users (ie. superintendents, principals, teachers, and counselors).
- Participate in a variety of user research activities, including discovery efforts and usability testing. On a regular basis, you’ll talk to educators and attend client workshops and calls, and apply your learnings to your design work.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer working on cross-functional teams delivering user-focused software or application experiences.
- Demonstrated experience with both interaction design and visual design.
- Skilled in current design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
- Ability to present and articulate design concepts and solutions effectively to your team and internal stakeholders, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Continually gathers and incorporates new knowledge and skills to stay up to date with design patterns, tools, and best practices.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working within or contributing to an established design system
- Experience in education or in EdTech
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.