Manager, Account Directors
This role can be remote or based out of our Boston or San Francisco office
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, more than 1,500 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and 13 departments of education. Schools use Panorama to improve student outcomes by using data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families and to build school culture.
Panorama's Account Management team partners with hundreds of school districts and charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama helps us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near-perfect renewal rate, excellent customer satisfaction, and strong year-over-year account growth our team has set a high bar. Our large districts want support and expertise bringing Panorama’s product to their districts and demonstrating maximum value over time. That’s where our Account Management team comes in.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Manager to lead and coach Account Directors, supporting our large district and state partners with best-in-class account management. This is a management role; you will manage and coach team members to help renew and drive revenue growth for the company. We’re looking for someone who not only excels at coaching both veteran and new Account Directors but is also a strategic thinker who can assume responsibility for the renewal and expansion strategy for the team that supports our large school districts and state partners with all of Panorama’s products and services. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Account Management.
Team leadership and coaching:
- Ensure that our Account Directors are providing best-in-class account management by deeply understanding clients’ needs, building wide and deep relationships within districts, developing strategic account plans, meeting key performance indicators tied to retention and expansion, and educating clients about all of Panorama’s current and future products
- Coach and support each Account Director on your team, including holding regular one-on-one;s; giving specific, targeted, and timely feedback; identifying opportunities for growth and development; supporting hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members; and tracking performance metrics at the team and individual levels
- Support Account Directors with virtual and on-site client meetings, training, and executive-level presentations
- Manage renewal, expansion, and client health metrics for your team overall and for Account Directors individually
- Demonstrated effectiveness advancing diversity, equity and inclusion; for example, through leading a diverse team to achieve desired outcomes, participation in equity-centered initiatives, and/or the use of intentionally inclusive strategies to promote career growth and development
Strategic Account Management:
- Ensure that every client receives high-quality, expert account management and consultation from Panorama through the building of best practices and playbooks for strong relationship development and management, strategic account planning, and connecting clients to one another
- Support Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by accurately forecasting, employing best practices and evolving processes for renewal management
- Develop and direct strategy to increase Panorama’s footprint with existing clients, coaching and setting strategy for discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Review account plans and monitor overall account health across the team and the book of business for Account Directors
- Develop and maintain strong C-level relationships (Superintendents, State officials) with clients as appropriate
- Build and improve processes with teams across Outreach, Marketing, Research, and Client Success functions to add value and strengthen the health of clients
- Work closely with our Outreach and Marketing teams to achieve renewal and expansion goals, along with creating proposals for compelling opportunities including RFPs and helping to develop collateral for marketing to our client base
- Collaborate with the Client Success Team Leads and Product Managers to ensure strong voice of the customer is heard
What We're Looking For:
- Experience coaching and leading a team towards established operational goals such as revenue retention, revenue growth, and/or client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including State administrators and superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Strategic thinker with experience developing processes to support high-performing teams
- Demonstrated flexibility with shifting priorities and ability to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business
- Commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture in service of employee and customer satisfaction and retention
- Preferred: 5+ years experience in account management
- Preferred: 2+ years experience managing a team
- Preferred: Background in Saas, managed services, or education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.