Sr. Manager, Market Intelligence & Corporate Development
Role can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office.
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
We are looking for Panorama's first-ever Sr. Manager, Market Intelligence & Corporate Development. In this role, you will build our market intelligence foundation and work collaboratively with Executive Leadership and team members across Finance, Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Sales. You will bring together data, market research, and customer insights to play a critical role in imagining and charting Panorama’s future path. You will identify, evaluate, and build external strategic partnerships to accelerate Panorama’s growth.
Our product is a growing presence in K-12 classrooms across the United States and we can have a direct positive impact on the learning and development of the students in those classrooms. Join us to work towards improving education and opportunity for all students.
The Sr. Manager, Market Intelligence & Corporate Development will be on Panorama’s Finance team and report to the Director of Strategic Finance. This role can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office.
In this role, you will:
- Build out our market intelligence foundation:
- Create and update market maps based on secondary research and client insights gathered in partnership with our client-facing teams,
- Actively track and contextualize strategic updates from key competitors,
- Build market sizing and return on investment models to evaluate potential growth areas and approaches (build, buy, or partner) for Panorama
- Develop a strategic partnership strategy to accelerate Panorama’s growth
- Work with leaders at partner companies to create mutually beneficial go-to-market strategies
- Work with our Product Team to identify where partnerships could improve our ability to integrate data from other products (e.g., academic assessments) into our platform to build value for our clients and increase our addressable market
- Research and learn about the needs of our prospective and current clients, and bring these insights to our strategic planning process
- Establish and lead a cross-functional Pricing Committee to regularly review and optimize Panorama’s pricing and packaging
- Work with our Product, Marketing, Sales, and Account Management leaders to inform our product roadmap, with a particular focus on developing a new set of offerings for 2022
- Work with the Executive Leadership team to iterate on our corporate strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience doing corporate development, market research & analysis, and/or strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize vast amounts of qualitative and quantitative information into actionable market insights
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences in a way that shares insights and empowers stakeholders
- Experience inclusively convening stakeholders to review analyses and workshop ideas
- Experience working with and influencing external stakeholders and leaders
- Ability to drive from high-level research questions (e.g., “what new markets should we consider?”, “what product investments should we prioritize based on market trends?”) to an actionable strategy
- Ability to develop criteria and evaluate internal and external growth opportunities
- Experience building relationships with external partners to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in education technology or K-12 education
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics & analytics
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Slides
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.