Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
Option to be remote based
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others. This role can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office.
About the Role:
You will join Panorama’s Strategic Finance team and play an important role in shaping Panorama’s strategy and operations through financial forecasting and analysis of key business drivers. You will work with finance business partners to provide analysis and insight into Panorama’s business functions and collaborate with them to drive Panorama’s growth. You will work on investor relations and prepare materials for quarterly meetings of our Board of Directors.
Our product is a growing presence in K-12 classrooms across the United States and we can have a direct positive impact on the learning and development of the students in those classrooms. Join us to work towards improving education and opportunity for all students.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance will report to the Director of Strategic Finance. This role can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office.
In this role, you will:
- Own updates and improvements to Panorama’s consolidated financial model
- Create board & executive level reporting of financial results & key SaaS (software as a service) metrics, striving to constantly improve our processes and insights
- Work with finance business partners to create the annual budget, monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan
- Work closely with the Accounting team each month to ensure all planned expenses have been captured and allocated appropriately
- Drive ad-hoc analyses for leaders to help them make important decisions about business strategy and operations
- Build and maintain data dashboards that give team members across the company visibility into how our business is doing and robustly maps our various data sources (NetSuite, Salesforce, InsightSquared, etc.) into a single, easily-accessible view
- Consistently update our data processes and financial models as our business scales
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience building financial models, analyzing data, and presenting insights
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting financial information
- Demonstrated ability to build financial models that are easy to understand and help anchor decision-making
- Skills in using data and modeling to understand and simplify complex business challenges
- Fast learner with commitment to learning and building expertise in business functions, SaaS, and education
- Strong teamwork skills with ability to pitch in to support other team members when needed
- Ability to formulate insights from imperfect data
- High proficiency in Excel modeling with excellent attention to detail - we are looking for someone who prioritizes building simple models that other team members can pick up and understand, so comfort with functions like IF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, SUMIF will be very valuable, and macros/VBA programming won’t be necessary
- Experience working with Salesforce, SOQL, and/or Netsuite
- Experience working in a start-up or SaaS company
- Experience with financial planning and analysis software implementations
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Slides
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.