Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
Our engineers are changing history way beyond git rebase -i. The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with Panorama’s many other teams and our users to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. Sure, we already have strong technical chops, but we constantly challenge ourselves to learn and grow. From lunchtime guest talks, book clubs, to hackathons, and open-source projects (both in the office and outside it), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our Client Success team to solve the challenges of implementing Panorama’s platform in a variety of contexts.
- Facilitate client and Client Success team requests by writing and running custom code in Panorama’s platform.
- Identify, prioritize, and build tools and features to make using Panorama easier and more effective for all of our clients, both internally and externally.
- Answer questions about and resolve inconsistencies in the state of data in the platform.
- Read and understand application code to identify and address bugs that cause issues for clients
- Collaborate and consult with engineers and non-engineers to progress strategic goals around client experience.
- Advocate for client and Client Success needs within the full Engineering team.
- Develop best practices for interacting with the Client Success team and enable the broader engineering team to adopt those practices.
- Examine our existing engineering support processes to better measure, understand, and optimize them.
Our ideal candidate can be described with these traits, but don't worry if they don't all apply to you!
- Has experience learning and integrating new ideas in order to solve challenging problems.
- Effectively triages and prioritizes queues of work (experience with queue based work is a plus but not required).
- Remains calm and focused when faced with high-pressure situations.
- Is a great communicator and collaborator (you’ll be working closely with other engineers, members of our Client Success team, and, in some cases, our clients -- warm, clear, and precise communication is important).
- Comfortable pairing or swarming with others to work on challenging issues, as well as being able to work independently on other work with little oversight.
- You are a “systems thinker,” looking for ways we should continually improve engineering support to make it more consistent, more successful, and to enable our product to be the best that it can be.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we celebrate diversity - of human beings and ideas - and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.