Director of Inside Sales
Role can be fully remote or based in our Boston office
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and Metro-Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinates action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Inside Sales to lead a team of Outreach Specialists (our internal name for Account Executives) based out of our Boston office. As the Director of Inside Sales, you will ensure that your team meets company-wide revenue targets with the development of territory strategy, co-presenting and coaching for key stakeholder meetings, onboarding new hires, and driving the ongoing professional development of your team.
As a leader, you will influence the outcomes of your team, creating opportunities for them to hone their skills, reach their goals, and advance in their careers. You’ll help to shape the vision and strategy for continuous sales process improvement and quota attainment; sharing insights from data, optimizing our sales funnel, and making our product come to life through customized demos. As we expand our client base, the Director of Inside Sales will work across the team and with other sales managers, to drive short-term and long-term revenue strategy, collaborating cross-functionally with our Client Success, Marketing, Talent, and Product teams to help us grow and evolve as a team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and coach a diverse cohort of closers and oversee interview processes as needed
- Be responsible for quarterly revenue performance for the team you manage, and support goal attainment for the Sales team as a whole
- Foster a collaborative team culture
- Provide continuous support to Outreach Specialists through live coaching, co-presenting in meetings, feedback on work with existing opportunities and prospecting, weekly 1x1s, and career development conversations
- Set a strategy for your team and track progress towards weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals for your team including: weekly activities, conversion rates, pipeline generation and revenue booked
- Shape overall revenue planning and strategy as part of the sales management team
- Play a central role in the partnership of the Sales, Marketing & Client Success teams, informing our client expansion strategies and maximizing pipeline generation
This job is for you if you have:
- 2+ years of SaaS sales management experience and proven ability to support high performing teams that consistently meet and exceed goals
- Experience creating systems and process, particularly as it relates to cross-functional partnerships with Client Success and Marketing teams
- Experience presenting virtually across a variety of stakeholders
- Experience providing ongoing coaching and creating career development opportunities for a team
- Proficiency using Salesforce and other sales tools to develop revenue strategy
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.