Role can be remote or based in our Boston office
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and Metro-Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinates action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Outreach Director (our internal name for Account Executives) to join our Boston based field sales team, leading our sales efforts within a national portfolio of districts serving 9,000 or more students. You’ll connect with district and state administrators from around the country, learning about their most pressing strategic initiatives and challenges, and compel these leaders to partner with Panorama in support of their work. This is an important role for our growth and one that requires an interest in the K12 education space, confidence presenting virtually, and ability to build partnerships that lead to new clients.
This job is for you, if you have:
- At least 1 year of experience selling a SaaS product to enterprise clients
- Ability to travel up to 40% to meet with clients when business travel resumes
- Demonstrated success as a top performer (exceeding goals and quota) with a consultative sales mindset
- Experience presenting virtually and in-person across a variety of stakeholders
- Experience preparing client-facing materials (proposals, email communication, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly, overcome objections, and solve problems in the moment
- Experience synthesizing information gathered through research and conversation, and connecting that information to potential solutions
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects with competing timelines at once
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
Even better if you have:
- Worked in a school or district office and have an understanding of the challenges faced by the classroom teacher, principals, and district administrators
- Past experience specifically working in K-12 education technology
- Proficiency in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Experience selling to K12 schools in the Great Lakes and Southeast
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.