Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and Metro-Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinates action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
The Team Lead, Sales Development is responsible for fulfilling all of the requirements of an individual Outreach Partner (our internal name for Sales Development Representatives) as well as supporting the team’s professional development and daily execution of their work. The Team Lead will be an individual contributor with additional responsibilities working with the Sales Development Managers to support daily and weekly requirements, as well as advocate for Outreach Partners cross-functionally. The Team Lead will proactively find ways to increase both input and output of the Inside Sales Team, with special attention given to the needs of the ramping team members.
In any given week, you will:
- Work to exceed your individual quota by completing relevant research, completing 50-100 daily prospecting activities (calls and/or emails), engaging district leaders, and running discovery calls in order to set up product demonstrations
- Synthesize information from prospect calls to elevate trends to Sales Development Managers and Marketing
- Host conversation practices and create resources to support growth of Outreach Partner team
- Prep materials for weekly team meetings and support in the creation of sequences and resources for Marketing inbounds
- Assist in training, mentoring, and onboarding certifications for new hires
This job is for you if you have:
- 1-3 years of SaaS sales development experience
- Track record of exceeding individual goals in a metrics-driven environment
- Experience mentoring peers in an onboarding and/or training capacity
- Developed processes for exceeding goals and KPIs on a quarterly, weekly, and daily basis via time management best practices
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and clearly communicate across a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges, adapt to different priorities, and proactively mitigate challenges to ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrated ability of finding opportunities for growth and creating solutions
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
Even better if you have:
- Expertise using and coaching on the use of sales tools like Salesforce, Outreach.io, and HubSpot
- Strong knowledge of the education landscape and a passion for Sales Development
- Experience with running reports in Salesforce and Excel
- Interest in building skills aligned to management roles
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.