Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger analysis and must be extremely strong in the general ledger reconciliations and month end closing activities. The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and playa key role within the finance team by helping to ensure integrity of the financials. This role is rooted in the managing and scaling of our finance operations/accounting work; we are excited for you to help shape how we operate and not just execute on what already exists. You will be joining a collaborative and driven team that is committed to supporting each other while working hard to meet tight deadlines.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Compile and prepare entries to the general ledger
- Gather and prepare materials for audit and external financial compliance activities
- Prepare supporting schedules for annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of month end balance sheet accounts and monthly budget to actual analysis
- Assist with Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable activities
- Review and approve sales orders in preparation for invoicing
- Other duties as assigned
Specific requirements of the Senior Staff Accountant
Overall, the Senior Staff Accountant should possess the skills necessary to properly assist in managing the general ledger close process.
These requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years corporate accounting experience, CPA a plus
- Experience at a high growth SAAS company
- Experience with large ERP, NetSuite preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Maniacal attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Willing/excited to work in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly expanding company
- Strong computer literacy and/or the comfort, ability and desire to advance technically
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willingness to expand range of responsibilities as needed based on the evolution of the company and the role
- Orientation to “roll up your sleeves” to do what it takes to meet commitments
- Ability to succeed with minimal supervision
- Team orientation, including flexibility and team-goal orientation
- Dedication to building and maintaining a financial operation that is focused on accuracy, timeliness and quality
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.