Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others..
About the Role:
We're looking for a Client Success Manager, City and State Partners to join our growing team and support a portfolio of clients with best-in-class service. As a Client Success Manager, you will be a Panorama product expert, supporting your portfolio of clients to use our toolset, support technical customizations in the back end, and provide timeline support to ensure your clients launch projects successfully.
Your will ensure a smooth client experience by communicating effectively and delivering projects on time and error free. You will leverage your expertise to support clients from onboarding through ongoing engagement with data to improve student outcomes. The core impact of this role is in delivering stellar hands-on service to a subset of large districts that work with Panorama. In addition to using Panorama’s platforms, you’ll make considerable use of Excel, troubleshoot questions using your expert knowledge of Panorama’s products, and work closely with clients to align their needs and the best practices we’ve learned over the years.
The number of clients you support in your portfolio will differ depending on size of district and level of complexity of the clients in your portfolio: we have portfolios of ~10-12 clients for our largest and most complex state and district partnerships and portfolios of ~20-35 clients for our mid-size and medium complexity district projects. The core work across these portfolio types remains consistent, with some additional responsibilities for portfolios of 10-12.
- Serve as the project manager for clients that use Panorama Student Success, Surveys, and/or Social Emotional Learning Surveys.
- Plan for and effectively track progress on complex projects that cross multiple stakeholder groups and focus on different project components through the course of the year.
- Execute technical delivery of projects using the Panorama platform, MS Excel, JIRA, and Asana, collaborating with other roles as needed (Support, Survey Ops, Implementation Leads).
- Communicate effectively, professionally and with empathy with clients via phone calls and email to ensure that they have an exceptional customer experience. Organize and facilitate key virtual client touch points through conference or video calls throughout the project lifecycle, such as planning calls, calls to recommend survey content, and report calls to help clients understand and act on their data.
- Onboard new clients and provide resources to help them navigate Panorama tools; introduce them to best practices and support them when they face technical challenges.
- Collaborate with our Product Education team to ensure clients have the resources they need to self serve within the platform. As needed, create custom resources and tools using PowerPoint, Pages, or Excel to ensure that clients effectively use Panorama’s tools.
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver projects on time, error-free, and in alignment with client vision.
- Submit technical support tickets to our Engineering team to address issues within the platform.
- Act as a voice of the customer internally to help the Panorama team better understand and improve client experience through our tools and services.
- For our largest state and district partnerships: travel ~1x per month to attend onsite client meetings, trainings, and executive level presentations. Note that Panorama employees are not traveling onsite to districts for the 2020-21 school year.
What We’re Looking For
Stellar project management and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to manage a number of projects on tight deadlines with a high level of organization and accuracy
- Experience working independently and problem-solving on time-sensitive timelines
- Experience working on cross functional project and support teams
Expert ability to learn new platforms
- Experience with learning new products, platforms, and environments; experience troubleshooting technical issues and using technology to improve processes
- Experience using Excel or other technical platforms to modify large data sets
Experience working with large organizations (districts, corporations, other organizations)
- Previous professional experience in a client services, technology, education, non-profit, or other related field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly at all levels of an organization over phone, video, and email
- For our largest state and district partnerships: experience working with stakeholders at the superintendent and board levels preferred
- Experience building systems and structures for using data to improve student outcomes.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.