Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an Implementation Lead to join our growing team. As an Implementation Lead, you will manage complex technical projects, possibly supporting one or both of Panorama’s surveys or Student Success platforms. Implementation leads operate in fast-paced, novel, and high-complexity situations. Strong attention to detail, hyper-organization and ability to operate in ambiguous environments are core to this role.
As the technical expert in Panorama’s products, you will collaborate mostly internally with Engineering and client facing project teams to improve processes and execute client projects on time and error-free. You will sometimes communicate with clients around technical elements of implementation. Our clients are sophisticated users of data and operate as they educate thousands of children, so an Implementation Lead should approach their work with a focus on students and empathy for the communities we serve.
- Partner with Client Success Managers and Account Directors to understand, design, and deliver the technical elements of a project on time and error-free
- Present technical specifications to ensure a clear understanding of expectations and requirements
- Identify and work through technical roadblocks preventing clients from meeting project requirements
- Collaborate both internally and externally to troubleshoot client needs and explore solutions
- Represent Panorama as the technical product expert, problem-solving and executing solutions for complex client requests
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Product teams to enhance the client experience, both with incremental improvements and game-changing innovations
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years of previous technical experience in education, consulting, product development, or engineering
- Experience becoming an expert in new products, platforms, and environments
- Experience with system integrations and proven expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Experience recognizing patterns and identifying problems using new software and platforms (for example: Excel, STATA, SPSS, JIRA, basic programming/coding)
- Organized, detail-oriented, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deliver on time
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and proactively address them
- Has experience working collaboratively within project teams and cross-functionally to deliver projects on a deadline
- Experience with new, complex problems and improving processes in an ever-changing environment
- Experience in education or non-profit industries a plus
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.