Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and others.
About the Role:
We’re looking for Panorama’s very first Controller to join our small but dynamic and growing Finance & Strategy team. As the Controller, you will report into the Vice President of Finance & Strategy and be responsible for all of the Accounting functions. You will leverage your expertise to maintain and close the books in a timely manner, manage our tax filings, commission calculations, and annual audits. You will implement the systems and processes needed to scale our team for the future.
- Manage the books and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Partner with the FP&A team and others to ensure that all entries are timely and accurate
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting team
- Develop and manage financial policies and controls
- Ensure timely state and federal tax filings
- Manage relationships with banks and auditors
- Implement the systems needed for future growth
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of previous professional experience in an Accounting leadership position, preferably in a hyper growth SaaS environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a proven ability to close the books in a timely manner
- Experience using NetSuite and/or implementing systems is a plus
- Excitement and appreciation for working toward the important, impactful mission of improving K-12 education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.