Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving 10 million students have adopted the Panorama platform, including New York City, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems adopt Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Y Combinator, Spark Capital, Emerson Collective, Owl Ventures, and Uncork Capital.
About the Role
As Chief of Staff to the CEO -- a new role -- you will help Panorama scale by:
- Partnering with the CEO to identify and prioritize areas of impact and leverage across Panorama, and providing counsel - To be successful in this role, you will build a strong understanding of all aspects of Panorama and ensure that the CEO is focused on what is most important.
- Leading and supporting key projects and initiatives on behalf of the CEO - Examples include fundraising, goal-setting, executive searches, strategic planning, conference presentations, investor relations, reviews of company performance, board management, company-wide communication, and action planning based on team survey results.
- Offering targeted support where needed across the organization - When key areas of need emerge across the company, you will take on special projects to support those needs, such as helping one team revamp their hiring strategy, or troubleshooting a cross-functional challenge.
- Building relationships across Panorama and driving improvement - You will stay connected with people across Panorama, listening to feedback and using this perspective to drive continuous improvement.
- Growing communication, collaboration, and culture across Panorama - Ensuring we stay strong in these areas is one of the CEO’s core responsibilities, and you will play a leadership role here.
- Supporting CEO-organized meetings and events - For example, weekly Leadership Team meetings, monthly all-hands team meeting, and quarterly managers meetings.
- Managing CEO’s schedule / travel and Board scheduling
More broadly, as this is a new position, you will play an important part in shaping the role. For additional perspectives on the Chief of Staff position, you may be interested in reading these articles: one, two, three.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-10 years of experience at a high-growth company and/or consulting
- Strong instincts and experience around business strategy, operations, culture, and building high-performing organizations
- High EQ, strong at building trust, highly-collaborative, good listener, approachable
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, orally and in writing (including drafting emails and presentations)
- Great at taking a project and “figuring it out” - you thrive in ambiguity and fast-change environments
- Humble, curious, and fast learner
- Positive, optimistic, and solutions-oriented
- Passionate about improving education
- Plus: MBA or commensurate experience
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.