Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama’s Marketing team is essential to making Panorama the leading and fastest-growing Education Technology company. We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our Marketing team. At Panorama Education, Product Marketing plays a critical role in bringing our products to market: articulating Panorama’s mission of radically improving education and equipping the Sales team to engage district leaders about how Panorama helps address their core challenges around student success. In this role, you will work across teams and build what Product Marketing looks like at Panorama to significantly expand our market reach.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of marketing experience (with 3+ in product marketing) in B2B, SaaS companies
- Experience with hyper-growth startups is a plus
- Experience developing product positioning, messaging, and buyer personas, and creating processes and structures for sharing product messaging across the organization
- Proven record of driving business growth through product positioning and product marketing campaigns
- Ownership of market-facing deliverables with strong messaging, copywriting, and design
- Experience managing product launches or other large projects to hit important business goals
- Drive to understand customers’ needs and pain points and using them to shape messaging and inform product roadmap
- Excellent people and project management skills. A team player who effectively works cross-functionally and with school district leaders
- Ability to grow the product marketing function and team at Panorama over time
- Outstanding written communication skills with attention to detail and good public speaker, comfortable in front of an audience
- Excitement and appreciation for working toward the important, impactful mission of improving K-12 education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.