Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving nine million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
Our Recruiting team leads the organization in building diverse teams of highly skilled, mission aligned Panoramians. Some of our focus areas: branding Panorama as one of the best places to work in Boston (and across the U.S.!), supporting interview teams to conduct structured interviews to minimize biased decision making, and facilitating a uniquely positive experience for every candidate we meet - setting Panorama apart from all the other places talented candidates could work. We’re looking for a Senior Tech Recruiter to eagerly embrace our best practices, help us define new ones, and take ownership of scaling our Engineering, Product, and Design teams. This role will be based in Boston and report to our Head of Recruiting.
This role is for you if:
- You have a minimum of three years of experience managing full cycle recruitment of top engineering, product, and design talent, preferably at a fast growing startup
- From scouring the deepest parts of the internet to source engineers, to coordinating complex interview schedules, and closing highly sought-after talent
- You have an established presence in the Boston tech scene and know all the latest trends and happenings - you know where and when to be to capture the attention of tech talent
- You are an experienced and well-respected partner to your hiring managers; you take great pride in hiring the best talent and watching them succeed in the long-term
- You have experience with diversity sourcing and building interview processes that reduce biased decision making
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, ever-evolving environment with a very high talent bar
- You love pushing yourself to learn and experiment with new practices, making evidence-based adjustments
- You are motivated by setting and exceeding ambitious goals
- You aspire to lead a team of tech recruiters in the future
In this role, you will:
- Take deep accountability for building tech teams that thrive, not just filling seats
- Develop clever and thoughtful strategies for sourcing candidates with diverse experiences and interests
- Fearlessly, consistently, and warmly reach out to prospective candidates who could be a perfect fit for Panorama but just don’t know it yet
- Interview candidates virtually and in-person to inform them about our work and determine their Panorama fit
- Guide candidates and hiring teams through the interview process, ensuring that both sides are well prepared, informed, and ready to interview at their best
- Coach and influence candidates and hiring managers on making hiring and acceptance decisions
- Create job descriptions that are thoughtful, engaging, and representative of our culture and mission
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Talent & People team to ensure that the candidate experience is positive, unique to Panorama, seamless, and translates into a long-term retention plan
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.