Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving nine million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. We are a team of 130 employees, based mostly in Boston but our presence throughout a number of US states is growing fast. We have raised $32 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
We’re looking for our first dedicated People Operations Manager. Historically, major people related responsibilities have been shared by a number of teams at Panorama, namely Operations, Finance, and Recruiting. Our People Operations Manager will be the first team member to pull HRIS, payroll, benefits, compensation, and people policies into one role. We are excited to see this team member streamline and improve our current systems and practices and help us build a strategy that will make us successful as we continue to grow rapidly. Our People Operations Manager will be a member of our People and Finance team and report to our CFO.
What We’re Looking For:
- A pro at two or more of the following:
- Administering benefits, leading open enrollment, coaching employees through questions and issues related to coverage, and selecting and managing benefits vendors
- Leading payroll for a rapidly growing number of employees with increasingly complex taxes and commissions
- Implementing and managing HRIS - a new benefits, payroll, and talent management system is in Panorama’s near-ish future
- Researching and managing compensation so that Panorama is reliably paying competitive and equitable wages
- Leading onboarding coordination, communication, and facilitation
- Building and communicating policies to guide team members in navigating professional development opportunities, leaves of absence, and work from home to name a few
- You have supported employee populations of 100+ and you thrive in hyper-growth
- You understand what it takes to create a trusted HR presence; your work impacts the lives of many and you approach it with great care
- You have a superb ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with a team that has diverse and varying communication styles; you will coordinate team-wide communications including all-hands meetings, newsletters, and employee experience surveys
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.