Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers enhance students’ social-emotional learning skills, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, over 9 million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
About the Role
Right now, over 11,500 schools across the country partner with Panorama.
If after reading that you were immediately calculating how many until we are working with every school in the country*, then we want you as our next Outreach Director!
In this role you’ll be a part of our field sales team; introducing Panorama to schools and districts that we haven’t met yet and working with those we have to strengthen our partnership. This is a critical role for the company and one best suited for someone with a passion for education, a love of building relationships and desire to help their clients achieve their objectives. You’ll be connecting with superintendents and other district officials from around the country to learn about their most pressing priorities and strategic initiatives. With your understanding of their goals you’ll paint a picture for how Panorama can impact the quality of a classroom, school, and district by unlocking the power of their own data and the insights/actions hidden within to improve equity and student outcomes.
This job is for you, if you have:
- 1-3 years of experience in selling a SaaS product
- Demonstrated success as a top performer; exceeding goals and quota
- Passion for improving education beyond the confines of the classroom
- Interest in new technology and how it can be leveraged more effectively in education space
- Comfort in meeting/presenting to new people
- A knack for thinking on your feet, anticipating needs and overcoming objections
- Persistence in both your infectious enthusiasm and your follow up
- A competitive nature and love the opportunity to get better every day
- An interest in and willingness to travel 20-40% of your time to meet with clients
Even better if you have:
- Worked at the district or school level with an understanding of challenges faced by the classroom teacher, principal, and district administrator
- Past experience specifically working in K-12 education technology
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Hubspot, Yesware
- Past experience with consultative sales methodologies
*120,390 schools (NCES, 2013-14 data)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.