Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education.
Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Proposal Specialist to join our Outreach team and support the proposal writing process from start to finish. You’ll gather the necessary materials and team members, write the content, facilitate the editing process, and submit the responses. Panorama responds to more than 50 Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from school districts and state education agencies each year, and we aim to increase that number as we build out our offerings. As we respond to more and more RFPs with proposals, you’ll work with the rest of the RFP team to create the knowledge management and systems that allow us to respond to RFPs with speed and quality, ultimately increasing our ability to impact more and more districts and kids around the country.
- Co-own content-writing for Panorama’s responses to RFPs along with others on the RFP team
- Manage complex projects with tight timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Analyze incoming RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs to determine products required, level of effort, necessary team involvement, and any company requirements
- Partner cross-functionally with Client Success, Engineering, Operations, Product, and Research teams to craft compelling, accurate responses that win proposals
- Coordinate other team members to support with editing content and completing compliance forms
- Ensure that our proposals are accurately compiled, printed, and bound according to specifications; ship and track final copies to ensure their timely delivery
- Coordinate preparation for presentations to districts and state education agencies that have invited us to demonstrate our products after evaluating our proposals
- Develop a scalable process and knowledge management system with others on the RFP team so that Panorama can respond to RFPs with increasing speed, including creating, updating and storing documentation and collateral
- Support Outreach team with content development for sales collateral
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years of experience writing technical proposals
- Strong writing ability and love for writing, particularly technical writing
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
- Ability to communicate key information quickly and effectively at the “headline” and detail level
- Detail-oriented; comfortable following complex instructions and managing other people to deadlines; great proofreading and copyediting skills
- Ability to write persuasively about technical and business products and services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously
- A passion for making an impact in education
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience with RFP management software (e.g. Loopio or equivalent)
- Experience with technical/proposal writing in education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.