Solve important and challenging problems
Work with a team of world class computer scientists and data scientists to solve hard data challenges. We’re looking for someone that can help us to solve the data problems that we know we have, as well as help to identify new opportunities to leverage our data. You’ll be working with a variety of teams across the company: engineering, business development, sales, and design to explore exciting and meaningful problems. This role is well suited for someone with technical interests, and professional experience in international affairs, as a Research Associate, or with substantial background in primary source research.
As a data analyst, you'll analyze our data with scientific rigor. Our trade data is extremely complicated and extremely rich; your job will be to help us extract the data’s value. You’ll help us better understand our complicated international-trade data better, assure its quality, and find new opportunities for programmatic analysis.
This position is internally facing; you’re helping us move our product and technology forward. As such, you’ll be situated at our engineering office; this role is a great position to develop your analysis and technical skills.
At Panjiva, you’ll work on:
- Research at scale into new and current datasets (available information, opportunities therein, etc.)
- Hypothesis vetting for product design
- Data quality assurance
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to develop new data analysis pipelines
- At least 1 year of work experience
- B.A. or B.S. Strong candidates often have a background in history or social sciences
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Scientific rigor and diligence
- Analytical ability using SQL, statistical software, or spreadsheets
- A desire to learn!
- Programming skills (even if basic). If not, we can help you develop them!
- Foreign languages (our data is international!)
- Knowledge of shipping and/or international trade
- Statistics background
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Build or buy your dream computer
- Harvard Square office 1 minute walk from the Red Line T stop
- 15 days vacation (rising to 25 days with longer tenure), 3 floating holidays / personal days, and 10-12 paid holidays annually, with unlimited sick leave
- Weekly tech talks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as many other benefits
- 401(k) plan, with company matching
- Hacker Continuing Education Wednesdays i.e., craft beer tasting, ping pong lessons
- Work with a talented, focused, driven team in a growing company with opportunity for advancement and career development
Panjiva's technology creates insight from messy global trade data to provide powerful search, analysis, and visualizations of more than a billion shipping records from nearly every country in the world. More than 3,000 customers in over 100 countries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies and startups to government agencies and hedge funds, rely on our platform for supply chain intelligence. In global trade, better insight means better decision making and stronger connections between companies and governments across the globe.
Recognizing Panjiva’s cutting-edge technology, S&P Global’s Market Intelligence division acquired Panjiva in 2018. This acquisition has grown our resources, dramatically expanded our access to data, and accelerated our growth plans. Join our team as we revolutionize a key and fascinating part of the world economy!
NOTE: Panjiva is an EOAA. Panjiva takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical or mental disabilities.