We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is excited about using bleeding-edge technologies to help make the hiring process better and more equitable for millions of people.
You’ll be working on a small team at a rocketship-growth tech company that’s focused on building out the conversational AI product in PandoLogic’s offering. Your work will streamline the hiring process for millions of job seekers, reduce bias in hiring, and help companies solve some of the most ambitious challenges in the world.
- Builds and supports ETL, ELT, and streaming data pipelines to enable our machine learning, data warehousing, analytics, applications, and API use cases
- Creates and manages data pipelines using orchestration tools
- Collaborates with our data science and algorithm teams to build our joint data function foundation
- Works with our graph database to continue shaping the data that powers our platform
- Manages cloud-based data infrastructure running on AWS
- Coordinates with agile software teams on system design, data usage, and better handling of data
- Optimizes queries and integrations to process terabytes of data in a performant way
- Integrates disparate systems and transfers bulk data from external partners/vendors
- Applies the best principles of Dev/DataOps to ensure pipeline reliability, quality, and repeatability
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution
- Uses automation to drive technical innovation and efficiency
- Documents and diagrams processes, systems, and tools thoroughly
- Collaborates with Agile squads to define technical requirements
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- Direct experience analyzing, scrubbing, and transforming raw data using tools like Pandas or Spark
- Direct experience designing and managing data pipelines across multiple projects and/or organizations
- Direct experience with traditional SQL/RDBMS data (Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Direct experience working on NoSql data (Mongo, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Couch DB, Redis, etc.)
- Direct experience working on data workflows on AWS, such as: Glue, Kinesis, EMR, etc.
- Direct experience working on data warehouses or data lakes (Snowflake, DeltaLake, etc.)
- Fluency in coding languages such as Python and Java
- Experience with team-based git workflows (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket)
Nice to have:
- Earned certifications
- Exposure to graph databases (like neo4j)
- Experience with consuming GraphQL APIs
- Infrastructure automation with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Terraform
- Usage of ORMs like Hibernate/JPA or equivalent
- Designing repeatable workflows with Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with orchestration tools or frameworks like Rivery.io, Apache Airflow, and/or Kubeflow
PandoLogic delivers Hire Intelligence to Talent Acquisition organizations by sourcing quality applicants faster and more efficiently through the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and proprietary campaign algorithms that fully-automate and optimize the job advertising and decision-making process.
We bet you'll love our awesome company culture, great benefits, and crew of collaborative, bold, resilient, innovative, and caring people. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Anything else you should know?
PandoLogic was recently acquired by Veritone Inc. (NASDAQ: VERI), a provider of an operating system for artificial intelligence, in the fall of 2021.
We were sought out by Veritone for our AI – our belief in it and our commitment to it – by a company that is focused on using AI for good. To build a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society.
Veritone is supporting our destiny, keeping our team intact, and honoring our roadmap – this is an incredible growth opportunity.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Veritone, there are no material changes expected for employees and customers.
Integration with their platform will reinforce our tech backbone and allow us to bring trillions of data points – from all sorts of agnostic sources – together to create insights that will power the workforce of the future.
To learn more visit http://www.pandologic.com.
PandoLogic is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are flexible. We are kind. We are PandoLogic.