Joining Paladin today means seeing all parts of the business. You'll grow with our team and shape our culture from the earliest stages. Your contributions will become the foundations of our product and processes, enabling us to continue growing and scaling.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You enjoy figuring out what to work on and teaching yourself whatever you need to get things done
- You take pride in being a subject matter expert while understanding the big picture
- You enjoy the autonomy of planning out your own workweek and the freedom to act on your plans
We offer W2 employment to US-based team members and full-time contractor positions to team members located outside the US.
We're backed by Syn Ventures, Eniac Ventures, Y-Combinator, Fika Ventures, Lightbank, Cyber Mentor Fund, and other leading investors.
Paladin is growing fast. We are looking for a Strategic Customer Success Manager as a foundational hire onto our Customer Success team. You will onboard companies who have yet to implement Paladin, consult with current users to ensure they’re successful with Paladin, and prove our value to our partners by quantifying how we have lowered their overall cyber risk. We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset, a bias towards action, and above all else a problem solver that figures out how to get it right for our users. Culturally, people with low egos, high EQs, intellectual curiosity, and a bit of a tinkerer side tend to feel among their tribe at Paladin.
As an Strategic Customer Success Manager at Paladin, you’ll be working directly with Paladin users throughout the deployment lifecycle. Our users are often SMBs who aren’t technical themselves but are eager to gain cyber security protections (think: office manager at a 20 person law firm; dispatcher for a trucking company). You will be responsible for meeting end users where they are, brainstorming how Paladin can optimize their workflows, and helping end users get the most value out of Paladin.
In this role you’ll have three key goals: one, ensure our users are seeing enormous value from our suite of cyber protections. This means driving onboarding and engagement metrics in conjunction with our Product team, and proving to our customers and partners with data how Paladin has helped mitigate their cyber risk. Two, as you build deeper relationships with our customers, you’ll be on the hunt for opportunities to solve additional pain points through products that deepen our relationships and expand our contracts in scope and revenue. And three, you’ll help serve as a trusted “voice of the user” back to the Product and Engineering teams, as you gather and translate user feedback (including feature requests and bugs), weigh in on product roadmap, and help communicate new feature releases.
- Onboard companies onto Paladin Shield, delivering predictable experiences and strong customer adoption.
- Interpret metrics and present solutions to executive audiences
- Serve as the trusted partner and go-to point of contact for our customers on implementation and onboarding metrics, customer success, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Develop process documentation for existing and best practices for common responses to customer questions and newly implemented processes. Maintain a list of FAQs.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and the rest of the Success team to share customer use cases and pain points. Collect customer feedback and synthesize for the team internally on new products and features.
- Upsell to existing end users
- Display empathy for customer needs and keep stakeholders (internal/external) informed.
- As necessary, roll up the sleeves and solve customer problems by responding to incoming support tickets, phone calls, etc. in a timely, helpful, and professional manner.
This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Head of Customer Success. As the Success team expands, this role has the potential to grow into a team lead role.
Some examples of projects you will work on in this role include: building and implementing Standard Operating Procedures for how we onboard new companies; writing tickets (we use Jira) for the Product and/or Engineering teams to help them understand discrete product issues that need to be solved; measuring and reporting on the outcomes of user onboarding campaigns in order to improve our conversion rates; building the content for and running executive-level business reviews with key points of contact among our customers; running (virtual) training sessions for insurance brokers to communicate the value of Paladin’s platform.
**Range listed is for San Francisco, CA. We localize compensation to the top 20th percentile of the applicant's area.
- 3-7 years of work experience; 2+ years in an implementation, success, or onboarding role, delivering for external customers. Experience with a SaaS product is strongly preferred.
- Enjoy building relationships with customers and solving their problems. For you, positive customer feedback makes you smile and brightens your day.
- Be excited to “dive into data,” and have a strong ability to analyze, interpret, and present user metrics
- Ability to prioritize and “get sh*t done.” You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion. Can speak to past experiences of getting projects across the finish line repeatedly and on-time.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to non-technical audiences. COnfidence in discussing technical frameworks (e.g., APIs).
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- High tolerance for ambiguity. You should be excited that your priorities will change over time, in large part based on what you communicate are the most important things you should be working on.
- Low ego. You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- Project management experience
- Consulting background, sales or similar experience at the enterprise level strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience at a high-growth and/or early-stage software company.
- Experience with our customer communication stack is helpful but not required (ZenDesk, CustomerIO, Jira, Slack).
About Paladin Cyber
In our hyper-connected digital economy, cyber risk has become the top business concern. Cybercrime is wreaking havoc on organizations large and small - causing a trillion-dollar drain on the global economy. Most organizations are underprotected and underinsured as achieving cyber resilience is complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
Paladin is on a mission to accelerate the world’s journey to cyber resilience by democratizing access to effective, affordable cyber security, insurance, and expertise.
Our platform is transforming how cyber risk is assessed, mitigated, and transferred with intelligent automation, proprietary data, and delightful user experiences. We are already defending thousands of organizations’ employees, systems, and data against modern cyber threats and growing quickly. Our tight-knit, focused, team is unified by a passion for helping our customers stay ahead of cybercriminals. Every Paladin is an owner of our business, our culture, and the outcomes we deliver to our customers.
We take a partner-led approach and work with leading stakeholders in both the insurance and security communities to make cyber resilience achievable for all.
Benefits & Perks
Paladin provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (W2 employees)
- Flexible work schedule and location
- PTO, Parental leave, and unlimited sick time
- 401(k) plan (W2 employees)
- Technology allowance - tell us what tools and tech you need to get your job done, and it’s yours.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You might be required to be available during times when most team members can collaborate (9:00am to 2:00pm U.S. Pacific Time).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Paladin Cyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Paladin Cyber is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Paladin Cyber are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Paladin Cyber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Paladin Cyber encourages applicants of all ages. Paladin Cyber will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
CCPA and GPDR disclosure notice here.