Joining Paladin today means seeing all parts of the business. You'll grow with our team and shape our culture from the earliest stages. Your contributions will become the foundations of our product and processes, enabling us to continue growing and scaling.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You enjoy figuring out what to work on and teaching yourself whatever you need to get things done
- You take pride in being a subject matter expert while understanding the big picture
- You enjoy the autonomy of planning out your own workweek and the freedom to act on your plans
We offer W2 employment to US-based team members and full-time contractor positions to team members located outside the US.
We're backed by Syn Ventures, Eniac Ventures, Y-Combinator, Fika Ventures, Lightbank, Cyber Mentor Fund, and other leading investors.
About the Role
Paladin is growing fast. We are looking for an ambitious Account Executive as a foundational hire for our Sales team. You’ll work closely with our co-founder, Josh, to close new business opportunities and craft a Sales Playbook that scales.
You should be excited about the idea of stepping into a role where the “perfect” template doesn’t exist and eager to own outcomes in a fast-paced environment with plenty of ambiguity. You’re expected to learn the insurance industry quickly and build relationships/credibility with senior stakeholders with a highly consultative approach. You’ll develop deep empathy for customer needs, build compelling narratives/content, and relentlessly pursue opportunities with autonomy/empowerment.
We value creative problem solvers with the intellectual curiosity to understand not only the products we sell today but the potential for additional future revenue opportunities. You’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product, and Operations teams to help shape product and customer experience strategies.
We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset and a bias towards action. This is a high-impact role with significant potential. You might end up owning one of our verticals, building out your own team of AEs, or both.
Culturally, people with low egos, high EQs, innate drives, and a bit of a tinkerer side tend to feel among their tribe at Paladin.
The formal title will be Sales Executive internally.
Compensation: OTE will be $50,000 - $100,000**
**Range listed is for San Francisco, CA. We localize compensation to the top 20th percentile of the applicant's area.
- Become an expert in the fast-growing Cyber Insurance Industry
- Develop a strong pipeline of risk pool, MGA, and other program management prospects for Paladin’s cyber risk management platform
- Partner with co-founders to build and execute a sales playbook for rapid scaling
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success and Product to launch a Product-led sales motion
- Conduct market research that helps provide valuable sales and product strategy feedback
- 3+ years of experience in B2B SaaS sales
- Track record of success in owning critical outcomes
- A basic understanding of commercial insurance
- Ability to quickly acquire the knowledge necessary to engage in consultative sales processes related to cybersecurity and cyber insurance
- Specific experience selling SaaS solutions to insurance industry customers
- Specific experience or general interest in cybersecurity
- Existing contacts with risk pools, risk purchasing groups, MGAs, etc.
About Paladin Cyber
In our hyper-connected digital economy, cyber risk has become the top business concern. Cybercrime is wreaking havoc on organizations large and small - causing a trillion-dollar drain on the global economy. Most organizations are underprotected and underinsured as achieving cyber resilience is complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
Paladin is on a mission to accelerate the world’s journey to cyber resilience by democratizing access to effective, affordable cyber security, insurance, and expertise.
Our platform is transforming how cyber risk is assessed, mitigated, and transferred with intelligent automation, proprietary data, and delightful user experiences. We are already defending thousands of organizations’ employees, systems, and data against modern cyber threats and growing quickly. Our tight-knit, focused, team is unified by a passion for helping our customers stay ahead of cybercriminals. Every Paladin is an owner of our business, our culture, and the outcomes we deliver to our customers.
We take a partner-led approach and work with leading stakeholders in both the insurance and security communities to make cyber resilience achievable for all.
Benefits & Perks
Paladin provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (W2 employees)
- Flexible work schedule and location
- PTO, Parental leave, and unlimited sick time
- 401(k) plan (W2 employees)
- Technology allowance - tell us what tools and tech you need to get your job done, and it’s yours.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You might be required to be available during times when most team members can collaborate (9:00am to 2:00pm U.S. Pacific Time).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Paladin Cyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Paladin Cyber is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Paladin Cyber are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Paladin Cyber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Paladin Cyber encourages applicants of all ages. Paladin Cyber will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
CCPA and GPDR disclosure notice here.