Pair Team is on a mission to build the primary care infrastructure for America’s most vulnerable communities.
We are the first tech-enabled care team that empowers safety-net primary care systems and the Medicaid & Medicare patients they serve. We act as an extension of the clinical staff to provide a personalized, high-touch care experience while addressing patients' barriers to care such as lack of transportation, housing/food insecurity, and mobile phone access. Internally, we are building a unique care delivery platform to ensure clinical best practices, integrate care with community-based organizations, and automate administrative work so that we can focus on time with our patients.
With both federal and state government alignment, community health centers are ready to move into value-based care and we are tackling the core staffing and access challenges to meet the needs of our communities. We are looking for our first product leader to continue building our internal care delivery platform, provider-facing tools, and the interoperability infrastructure to ensure continuity of care between local and remote care teams.
“The staff at community health centers are constantly underwater and clinicians are burning out to provide care for more than 40 patients a day. Yet our Medicaid system relies on these clinics to function. Pair Team has built the clinical and operational model to not only improve the lives of patients, but also front-line healthcare workers."
Dr. Andrey Ostrovsky, former Chief Medical Officer of Medicaid under Obama
"Population health management places an enormous burden on primary care providers. As healthcare becomes more complex, primary care groups will need additional support through technology and services to manage the influx of data from patients, fellow providers, and health plans. Large medical groups like One Medical have the engineering resources to invest in operational workflow tools that ease the work of population health for individual providers, and Pair Team brings that tech-enabled support to practices across the country."
Paul Cohen, COO at Galileo Health and former executive at One Medical
- Opportunity: 30M+ patients receive care at our incredibly under-resourced FQHC primary care system. Regulatory tailwinds have created several multi-billion dollar state markets to move Managed Medicaid into risk (esp. dual eligibles). See CalAIM in CA, and Star+ in TX.
- Differentiated First Mover: The key challenge is operations (staffing + IT) to do the proper risk management work (engagement, risk adjustment, CCM, TCM, etc). Clinics don’t need another point solution to log into. We are the only solution targeting community health centers and directly supporting clinical operations including address SDoH and other barriers to care
- Results: 40-60% improvement to quality scores and clinic revenue, 45%+ engagement rates. Our technology enables us to wrap each clinic with an extensible & multidisciplinary care team.
- Team: Neil Batlivala (CEO, technologist) and Cassie Choi (COO, RN) are tech and clinical founders that have built tech-enabled primary care practices from the ground up. Legendary advisors / investors in healthcare including the former CMO of Medicaid, the CMO of Accolade, managed care executives and more - all available to mentor our team.
We want to hear from you if you are a passionate product leader who is energized by:
- Operational Mindset: our product is both tech and services that must work in unison
- Simplify Complexity: build frameworks that unify our comprehensive primary care offering
- Wearing All Hats: strategy, roadmapping, write specs, and manage the team
- Generalist: APIs, care pathways, patient messaging, RPA, billing, a bit of everything
- Constantly Learning: managed care is evolving rapidly across states and with high needs patients (ex: duals)
And has experience with:
- Building tech-enabled services for pop health and team-based primary care models
- FFS, P4P, FFV payment models and corresponding health plan relationships
- Development of personalized care plans and operational workflows
- High growth B2B2C digital health startups from <$1M to $10M in revenue
- Scaling remote product teams from 5 to 25+ and collaborating with clinicians
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to learn more!