Paige.AI is a software company leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology in its products to enable a cloud-based workflow for pathology. This AI is powered by an agreement with Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), a global leader in cancer care, for exclusive access to millions of pathology slides and pathologist reports. We are backed by a $25 million series A financing and are the first to have AIRI, the most advanced architecture ever built for scale-out AI, with a GPU performance of over 10 petaFLOPS.
We are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer who has experience building and scaling services in a cloud environment to join our our Platform Engineering team. In this role you’ll collaborate with our AI and Software teams to automate and to streamline our production operations and processes. You will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas including but not limited to advancing and pushing existing efforts in the areas of security, configuration management, infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment and site reliability engineering.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission. It will also give you access to some of the world’s most advanced systems architecture while challenging your architecture and integration skills as you help to drive our shift to building cloud-native applications.
Our Engineering Design Principles
- Favor extensibility and modularity over tailored functionality.
- Maximize flexibility and simplicity in an effort to minimize maintenance and operational overhead.
- Favor pragmatism in evaluating fit for purpose over cost.
- Uniformly apply the principle of least privileged access.
- Build in consistency through convention.
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Platform Engineering practicing some form of Agile and DevOps.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with building and scaling AWS infrastructure.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with configuration management and containerization tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, AWS ECS and Terraform.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience managing CI/CD tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with distributed source code controls systems such as git.
- You approach infrastructure architecture from a design-driven standpoint with security, reliability and scalability as its core.
- You may have a bias but you are OS architecture agnostic and are equally comfortable administering either.
- You are a creative engineer who enjoys implementing systems for complex problems to autonomously understand, interact with and adapt to their end users.
- You enjoy working on cross-disciplinary and agile teams.
- You are fluent in at least 1 object-oriented language.
- You are fluent in some form of scripting language (unix shell, perl or powershell).
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog or New Relic.
- Experience with log ingestion and data analytics tools such as Sumo Logic or Splunk.
- Experience with AWS security and auditing tools such as IAM, Config, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and GuardDuty.
- Experience supporting, administering or architecting multi-tenant SaaS applications in AWS.