About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is looking for an experienced Security Engineer, focused on cloud network security on AWS, to secure and manage the network infrastructure of Paidy’s operations. Reporting to our CISO, with extensive collaboration across all of engineering, your focus will be on ensuring that our cloud network infrastructure is highly available, secure, and cost effective.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Attend architecture review committees, focused on enabling the business to safely deploy new services and products quickly and efficiently leveraging standardization.
- SME (Subject Manager Expert) and hands-on implementation of all AWS network and security services, third party SaaS solutions, and common on-premises network infrastructure.
- Works directly with SOC (Security Operations Center) and BCM (Business Continuity Management) on testing the resiliency of our platform against network attacks. (e.g. DDoS)
- Recommend strategic improvements across engineering teams that reduce operating costs while remaining highly available and secure.
- Works with platform architectects and other service owners to accurately and consistently maintain network diagrams.
- Assist platform architects with documenting network security requirements in policies, standards, and procedures.
- Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions.
- Assist in vendor procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems.
- Perform other duties as required to support changes in business strategy.
Skills and Requirements
- Passion for security, and a sense of ownership.
- Track record of solving ambiguous/undefined cloud networking problems.
- Demonstrated experience in performing cost benefit analysis for recommending and implementing secure network infrastructure.
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience deploying network solutions for on-premises and AWS cloud infrastructures.
- Hands-on implementation of secure network security solutions (WAF, IDS/IPS, VLANs, etc.) leveraging common IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tooling such as Terraform.
- Can expertly explain the pros and cons of all AWS networking and security services, and can quickly offer potential solutions to problems presented by stakeholders in a short period of time.
- Demonstrated experience in responding to and recovering from WAF/IDS/IPS bypasses, DDoS, and other network based attacks.
- Makes pull requests and actively participates in established change management processes for all network related changes.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, as we work remote and often rely on asynchronous communication.
- You will be asked about your experience with the Paidy App during your interview. Please download the Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
- For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar BNPL apps, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month.
- A diversity culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries.
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, or Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working style.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋にな
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける