About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is looking for an experienced IAM (Identity and Access Management) Security Engineer to secure and manage unique identities, and access to our AWS cloud-based applications for daily operations in Japan. Reporting to our CISO, with deep collaboration across engineering and non-engineering stakeholders, your focus will be on ensuring that identity and access is not only secure, but cost effective and as frictionless as possible.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Works closely with platform architecture to develop IAM strategy.
- Works with the API and Identity engineering team to implement consumer IAM strategy.
- Works across engineering and non-engineering teams to implement internal operations IAM strategy.
- Identifies and classifies all entitlements and identities (e.g. local database accounts, server accounts, etc.) across the enterprise by privileged access level.
- Develops strategy to simplify the current state of IAM while remaining compliant and aligned to established policies and standards.
- Recommend strategic improvements across engineering teams that reduce operating costs while remaining highly available and secure.
- Leverages experience and standard security frameworks to help develop and/or update policies, standards, and procedures.
- Works with API and Identity engineering team, helping with processes and IAM documentation.
- Stays abreast on emerging IAM technologies and presents at advisory boards on opportunities for improvement and cost reduction.
- Perform other duties as required to support changes in business strategy.
Skills and Requirements
- Passion for security, and a sense of ownership.
- Can expertly explain the majority of IAM options available on AWS, third party options (e.g. Okta), and the pros and cons of each option.
- Strong desire to make IAM frictionless and as easy as possible; can effortlessly discuss current challenges of IAM as well as what can be done to make IAM simple and cost effective.
- Experience with AuthN, AuthZ, SSO, SCIM, JIT and enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, and OAuth.
- Experience implementing production ready RBAC, ABAC, and other access control models.
- Experience with designing fine-grained authorization, least privileged access mechanisms and/or implementing components of Zero Trust architecture.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with engineers to deploy production level changes in mid to large scale enterprises.
- Makes pull requests and actively participates in established change management processes.
- With ambiguous and undefined requirements, can expertly help stakeholders understand IAM options.
- Demonstrated experience designing and deploying a broad range of IAM services and technology. (e.g. Cognito, Okta, Active Directory, etc.)
- Experience providing IAM walkthroughs to auditors and other stakeholders.
- Experience deploying solutions using IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools such as AWS CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal as we work remote and often rely on asynchronous communication.
- You will be asked about your experience with the Paidy App during your interview. Please download the Paidy App and try it out:
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar BNPL apps, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month.
- A diversity culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries.
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, or Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working style.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋にな
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける