About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
An Engineering Manager at Paidy is responsible to lead, mentor and multiple Engineering teams. While this is not necessarily a hands-on position, Engineering Managers must have a deep understanding not only of software development, but of all the aspects necessary to design, develop, deploy and scale a system to support tens of millions of users.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Hire, mentor and develop the careers of a team of managers and engineers
- Work effectively with Paidy Product and Marketing to set the product and technical direction of your organization
- Be a part of Engineering & IT Leadership, taking part in designing and building new Paidy products; making architecture decisions and continuously raising the bar for our engineers
- Contribute to establishing a technology roadmap to improve Paidy scalability, performance and reliability
- Be both a technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- Champion engineering excellence, establish your organization’s OKRs, and drive continuous improvement.
Skills and Requirements
- Track record of successfully leading multiple teams and managing managers
- Must have experience in high growth, high traffic services. Must have experience in scaling organizations and services to handle tens of millions users
- Deep technical expertise, must be up to date with all the recent technologies and trends of Software Development Lifecycle, Devops, Cloud technologies
- Must have experience in high throughput, continuous delivery engineering departments
- Excellent knowledge of developing and scaling cloud native systems
- Excellent English communication, both verbal and written (Japanese is not required)
- Our tech stack: Amazon Web Services, Scala, Rust, Java, Docker, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Must reside in Japan or willing to relocate (Visa support offered)
- The Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you can download a similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Visa sponsorship
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋にな
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける