About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About The Position:
The Risk & Analytics Department lives at the core of the business model — figuring out how to take smart risk that allows for a smooth and empowering experience for all legitimate users, while also preventing fraud and protecting the company’s bottom line.
In the Data Science Foundation team we build and develop a suite of data modeling tools and databases to support all the data analysis and reporting needs for analysts and data scientists at Paidy and we are looking for a PM who will help us drive the development of this suite of tools.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that our backlog matches the evolving needs of data scientists and analysts at
- Hold periodic cross-functional meetings to build consensus around projects prioritization
and the data foundation roadmap.
- Serve as a communication hub for all the data foundation’s stakeholders e.g. attend
engineering meetings as a representative of the data scientists and analysts and vice
- Lead conversations to shape up and establish vision, goals, and objectives for each
project and ensure they are achieved.
- Define and document project problem statements, scope, constraints, requirements, and
success metrics, and communicate these to all stakeholders.
- Experience launching software products and services in partnership with engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to
communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Ability to identify and track dependencies within and outside of the team
Nice to have
- Prior experience as a data engineer, software engineer, or data scientist
- Prior product management experience in financial services, retail, banking, or payments.
- Prior experience as a product manager working with data scientists
- Good understanding of data engineering and software engineering development process
and its challenges.
- Conversational Japanese is nice to have but not required.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける
● Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan