About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and ofﬂine. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team is currently looking for a Senior Data Analyst for Risk & Collections to play a key role in defining how we collect on past due debts. You will work alongside Paidy’s existing credit policy team and lead ongoing efforts to enhance collections strategy as Paidy’s product offering and customer base continues to evolve.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- As our Senior Data Analyst - Risk & Collections, you can expect to:
- Analyze the performance of and recommend changes to collection policies and strategies that will result in reducing delinquency roll rates and losses
- Incorporate bureau and other external data to further enhance the credit strategy
- Work with Collections operations team and other key stakeholders to implement collections strategies, including process improvements and technology enhancements
- Develop effective MI reporting for and communicate the impact of collections strategies, and initiatives
- Identify areas to reduce cost of collections without negatively impacting collections performance
- Ensure appropriate systems and infrastructure are in place to track, evaluate and support collections strategies and tests
- Research industry best practices; make recommendations accordingly
- Establish collaborative relationships within the cross-functional team to move collections strategies forward
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years debt collection experience in a financial services company
- Strong knowledge of collections best practices, call center data, contact strategy data and metrics - required
- Past experience in the buy now pay later industry highly desired
- Experience with test and control methodologies
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- Proficiency with analytic tool sets, including SQL and Python
- Excellent communication skills
- You will be asked about your experience with the Paidy App during your interview. Please download the Paidy App and try it out:
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar BNMP apps, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Afﬁrm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a signiﬁcant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month
- A diversity culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, or Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conﬂict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける